Last year more than 6,000 Tearfund supporters signed postcards, letters and SuperBadger actions calling for the UK government to say no to new unabated coal-fired power stations.
Coal-fired power stations are the dirtiest form of energy production.
Ensuring no new power stations are built without technology to capture and store the emissions is vital in the fight to tackle climate change.
The actions were delivered to Ed Miliband, the Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change. His response is below.
Tearfund welcomes the Secretary of State’s response as a clear step forward in reducing the UK’s emissions.
However, carbon capture and storage remains an unproven technology at anything like the scale needed. We simply can’t say with confidence that this is going to work.
Whilst this is welcome progress, it is vital that the government goes further by pushing for greater energy efficiency and renewable energy rather than a continuing reliance on coal.
Take action and pray for the UK government to work for a strong and fair deal on climate change here.
- Understanding Alice on 12 days of Badgers
- G. Stephen Goode on 12 days of Badgers
- Tweets that mention 12 days of Badgers | SuperBadger -- Topsy.com on 12 days of Badgers
- Mark on Previously, on ‘Climate Change’…
- Tweets that mention Give Cameron a call… | SuperBadger -- Topsy.com on Give Cameron a call…
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.